Today we're gonna go through the alphabet and general pronounciation of the German Language.
Besides the alphabet we will also take a look at how to pronounce:
- Ä (like "ai" in English "fair"),
- Ö (kinda like "o" in English "word")
- Ü (say a looong English "eeee" and while doing that, form your mouth to say "you". It should be kind of in the middle of the sound of "ou" in "you" and the long "eeee")
- ß (basically a double "s", sounds in general a bit stronger than the normal s)
and combinations such as
- ie (English "ee")
- ei (English "i")
- eu (English "oy")
- äu (same as "eu": English "oy")
- au (like "ow" in English "wow")
- sch (English "sh")
- ch (two different pronounciations, watch the video and try again and again, I can't really describe that in words LOL)
NOT MENTIONED IN THE VIDEO:
"qu" is pronounced like "coo" in English "cool". The Q basically never really stands alone. Hope that helped :D
Thanks to all the new viewers and subscribers for the support and feedback! It's overwhelming and I really appreciate it!! This started out as a silly video response and became this big project, and I know it takes me forever to post a new episode, but I will keep on posting more of these!
Have an iPhone? Check out all 200+ new features coming in iOS 13.